In April 2018, CYK cooperated with Kompong Chhnang POE to open new two village preschools at Chor, Pro Sneb village, Rolea Bier distict Kompong Chhnang province. The teachers’ training was conducted by CYK childcare adviser and childcare team.
- In January, CYK had meet and discuss with the local authority in Chor and Prosneb village on the class construction, class repairing and the preparation for new opening of those village preschools.
- With the financial assistance of Kao Corporation, CYK built one preschool class and toilet that cost total US$5,200 in Pro Sneb primary school and repaired one class that cost total US$590 in Chor Primary School. Under the control and inspection of CYK’s childcare team and the committee members, the construction and repairing works were started from 16th January and completely finished on 27th March 2018.
- From 26the February 2018, the training was conducted for ten days at CYK’s office. And on-the-job training was continued from 23rd April to 11th May 2018 at Chor and Pro Sneb village preschool.
- The official opening ceremony was conducted on 25th April 2018 with the cooperation of the officers of Kompong Chhnan POE and Rolea Bier DOE. About 48 children have chance to get education for their physical and mental development.
- The monitoring and teachers’ technical meetings were conducted once every month, after the opening day, except during long vacation of Primary School in September and October, by CYK childcare advisor and childcare project assistants and Rolea Bier DOE officer.
- Daily snacks, boiled eggs and soya milk twice every month were provided to all children to attract them to school every day as well as for their physical and mental development.